Friday 26 November 2010

Frosty Friday


Its cold out side, frosty, white.
Inside it's warm, snuggled up tight.
Blankets abundant, heating on too.
Yet still in my bones, I'm cold through and through.

Damn this disease, that's eaten away at my core.
Happy and joyful, I am no more.
So many pills, I rattle as I walk.
Joints sore and creaking, Like crone aged and weathered.
Yet I'm just Twenty Four.

Oh what to do now its winter, And the cold has set in.
There's no joy in the garden.
In my house I'm hemmed in.
Can't go out on my own, Less I cant make it home.
I long for the summer, When I'm not forced all alone.

The joy of the season, Much lost upon me.
When the Christmas markets, Seem such an impossibility.
Dread Christmas shopping, In case I get bruised and hurt.
Or my hips, or my knees, In the cold refuse to work.
Layers and layers,and its still not enough.

Oh how i wish my poor body, Was still young and tough.
I look fine on the outside, A young lady there.
Yet inside I'm haggard, chemo riped me apart.
I'm Ninety in my Twenties, Least I still have my heart,
All be it in the wrong place.

The tumour pushed it aside, With no thought for my life.
As a young lady and bride, This isn't how I'd imagined,
Id spend my first few married years.
No children for us, So many unspent tears,
But I'm still alive and I'm fighting.
For what I Feel are my rights.
Children and laughter,
And warm cosy nights.

Poem by me and photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment